The colours for the 36th (Ulster) Division LOL 977 at Stormont.
Yes there was a programme on Covenant. 80,000 people took to streets on Saturday and BBC seek to slag them off and bully them rather than give them a programme about the day itself with highlights.
The police are estimating 65,000 at Stormont !
What a fantastic parade, left Belfast at 11am still arriving at Stormont at 5pm.
Many feet are sore, but today we walked in the footsteps of Giants.
Fantastic day, proud to have been part of it all
IMAGES OF THE GLORIOUS 12TH 2012
Brothers Richard Armstrong & Fraser Tailby from our sister lodge (maybe that should be brother), 36th (Ulster) Division Memorial, L.O.L. 1914 from the City of Leicester, presenting a Jubilee Crown and a Special Edition, King James Authorised Version. Our lodge is very thankful to our English brethren for these wonderful gifts.
36th (Ulster) Division L.O.L. 977 Colour Party
Somme Memorial Service in the Assembly Hall, 1st July 2012.
Listening to 'Carson, Craig and Crawford' (Actors)
Enjoying the Balmoral Review, Saturday, 19th May 2012 in Ormeau Park, Belfast.
The 36th (Ulster) Division Memorial L.O.L. 977 held their 92nd Anniversary Dinner in the Rehoboth Mission Church, Mount Vernon, North Belfast on Friday 1st April 2011. The lodge had the privilege of having as their guest speaker, W. Bro. Councillor Frazer Agnew P.M. As this year marks the 400th anniversary of the King James Version of the Bible, popularly known as the Authorised Version, Bro. Agnew took the opportunity to speak on the subject. He used the text "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." (Psalm 12:6) to illustrate the various stages in the development of the Authorised Version. The Worshipful Master, William Dickson thanked W. Bro. Agnew for his most enjoyable and enlighting talk and went on to thank all the members and friends of the lodge for their loyal support over many years in keeping 977 active as a 'living memorial' within No 3 District.
IMAGES OF THE GLORIOUS 12th 2011
12th July 2010
'Getting ready for the big parade'
13th July Morning 2009 with English brethren from Lewes Martyrs Memorial L.O.L. 398 and Lt. Col. R.B. Mayne Memorial L.O.L. 1012
A Glorious 12th with brethren from Lewes Martyrs Memorial L.O.L. 398 at
Barnett Demesne 2008
Barnett Demesne 2008
On the evening of the 1st July each year at 8.00 p.m. the lodge parades from Belfast Orange Hall to the City Cenotaph in the grounds of the City Hall and holds a short remembrance service and wreath laying ceremony on the anniversary of 'The Battle of The Somme', from which so many of their fellow citizens and brethren never returned. The parade and service is now organized by Thiepval Memorial L.O.L. 1916.
The Colour Party L.O.L. 977 & L.O.L. 1916
Donegall Place 1st July 2008
We think the photographs below were taken about 1941.
BANNER UNFURLING 1919
BELFAST TO THE BOYNE. KING WILLIAM’S MARCH. Plaque that Marks His Route Out of the City. THE UNVEILING CEREMONY. The King William Club No. 1, body recently formed East Belfast, had its first public ceremony on Saturday afternoon (24th May 1930), when a plaque, erected the members at the junction the Lisburn and University Roads, Belfast, commemorating the fact that King William the Third passed that way on his march to the Boyne in 1690, was unveiled by the Grand Master of the Irish Orangemen, Sir Edward Archdale, Bart., D.L., M.P. The ceremony was attended by a large number Orange lodges, the members of which formed a procession at the City Hall, and marched to the appointed place, headed by the Ulster Division Memorial Lodge LOL 977.. Leading the procession was a man on a white horse, dressed and accoutred in the style of the period, with plumed hat, long dark ringlets, scarlet coat, and white breeches. He carried a sabre and modem items in the "King's" equipment were an. Orange sash and three Great War medals! The plaque has been placed on one of the stone gateposts, which form part of the railings surrounding the piece of vacant ground at the junction the two roads. It is in bronze, and bears the head of King William in relief, and the inscription recording the fact that he passed that way on his march from Carrickfergus to the Battle of the Boyne. It also bears the name of the King William Club No. I. For the occasion a platform was elected in the corner plot of ground, and from these the speeches were delivered. Captain D. C. Lindsay, president the Club, exhibited during the afternoon—through the kindness of Miss Allderdice—a goblet from which King William drank while staying at Chrome Hill, Lambeg, and a dish belonging to a dinner service used when the King dined with Charles Wolfenden at Lambeg in 1690 on his way to the Boyne. The proceedings opened with prayer by Rev. R. C. H. G. Elliott, and the singing of "O God, our Help,” led by the 39th Old Boys* Band, under Mr. W. Dunwoody.. Captain Lindsay said the members of the club were gratified to see the fine gathering for their ceremony, and they were proud that the Grand Master of Ireland had consented to take part it. The club had only been a few weeks in existence. It had had its origin in East Belfast, and owed its inauguration to Mr. James Connolly, who was a deep student of history connected with William the Third.